- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 large avocado
- a piece of turmeric root (or turmeric powder)
- sea salt
- coriander leaves (optional)
- First, prepare the quinoa. Usually, you won’t need to rinse it under cold water, as it has already been washed during the manufacturing process.
- Place the quinoa in a pan, and then add 1 cup warm water and half a teaspoon sea salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about ten minutes or until the liquid is fully absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- Steam the broccoli for 3 to 5 minutes only, in order to get the most of its nutrients.
- In a food processor, blend together almonds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds for a few seconds.
- Peel and dice the avocado. Now combine the cooked quinoa together with the almonds and seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, and broccoli. Serve half of the salad on each plate and top with the diced avocado, some grated turmeric (or a pinch of turmeric powder) and a few coriander leaves, if using. Enjoy your lunch!